Halifax County is located in northeastern North Carolina at the center of the US East Coast, halfway between New York and Florida. Interstate 95 traverses through Halifax County with connections to Interstate 85 and US Highway 64 within 30 miles. Our network of Interstate and multi-lane highways connects Halifax County to the entire Atlantic seaboard. Manufacturers and distributors can get their products to over half of the US population in a one day drive.
Halifax County is within 90 minutes of several of the fastest-growing metropolitan areas in North Carolina and Virginia, including Raleigh, Durham, and Greenville in North Carolina and Richmond, Portsmouth, and the Hampton Roads Area of Virginia. Washington, DC and North Carolina's world-famous Outer Banks are less than a three-hour drive.
Halifax County Advantages
- Strategic highway network, including Interstate 95, US Highways 158 and 301, and easy connections to Interstate 85 and US 64
- Less than 90 minutes from three international airports (RDU, RIC, and ORF)
- Easy access to the Ports of Virginia and the Ports of Morehead City and Wilmington, NC
- CSX Transportation Class A Rail Line
- Halifax Corporate Park, a 700 acre Certified Industrial Park
- Industrial-quality water, sewer, electrical, natural gas and telecommunication services
- Highly productive labor force and award-winning worker training programs
- Outstanding quality of life that includes two beautiful lakes, the Roanoke River, and affordable housing and cost-of-living